Open since 2010, “PORTARI HOUSES” is a country villa and at the same time a guesthouse that offers a different vacation philosophy: “homey” hospitality in picturesque country houses that provide the quality services of a hotel, while at the same time warm, personal attention is ensured by the hosts. The villa - guesthouse stands out for its aesthetics, its unique design and its location in the Medieval settlement of Aroniadika – an ideal setting for a relaxed and private vacation.
The land where the Portari Houses are found extends over half an acre, complete with a barbeque pit, flowers, herbs and a vegetable garden. The villa – guesthouse is made up of three separate dwellings: Portari House I, a two storey house (110 sq.m., 4-6 persons), Portari House II (80 sq.m., 2-4 persons) and Portari House III (60 sq.m, 2-4 persons.) single level. The Cottage (60 sq.m., 2-4 persons), a restored traditional home located close to the Portari Houses, is also for rent.
The Portari Houses combine traditional architecture with eco-friendly bioclimatic functionality (thick stone walls, arches, dry stone walls, stone pathways), with modern, minimalist interior design and furniture from well known design houses such as VITRA, B&B Italia, Moooi etc.
Quality amenities and services, such as daily housekeeping, soft linen, anatomic mattresses, Korres cosmetics, fully equipped kitchens, NESPRESSO coffee machines, LCD TVs, Nova – Cable TV, Internet services, shaded verandas etc. are all part of the high quality service offered.
At Portari Houses the guest will experience all the comforts of home, while enjoying the amenities of a design hotel of unique character, ambiance and style.
Services included in the price
- Welcome basket with traditional rusks, special honey from Kithira and bottled water
- Tea, ground filter coffee, instant coffee and espresso is offered daily (one serving per person)
- Daily housekeeping
- Change of sheets every 2-3 days
- Staff fluent in Greek, English and Italian
- Cell phone contact available 24 hrs/day
Services provided at an additional cost
- Super market, bakery, local and traditional products (cheese, honey, rusks etc.) supplies
- Kitchen cleaning service (washing and putting away of dishes, cookware etc.)
- Party planning, supplies for barbeque in the garden, cooking – homemade food in your residence etc.